Francine Caitlyn Chye
a.k.a. Hurricaine Fran
a.k.a. Fran the PCD
a.k.a. the happy bunny :D
<3
040889 (August baby!)
Crescent, ACJC, hocker
xoxo
Hello, world (: :D
If it's meant to be, it'll be(:
"And sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together"
don't think, just run
Thursday, May 22, 2008
I hadn't had a "freaking unbelievable" day, as I call it, since that "FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE" day I had with mengs (CR. trip to East Coast Park). But recently I had one and I swear I could practically hear Daniel Powter's "Bad Day" playing in the background, mercilessly mocking me, grroowwllss :((( Here's how it went:
woke up 4 hours late (so I missed my 10-11 psych lect)
my period came (a whole week early, too! first time ever.)
printed out my essay, then realised i had too many words
printed it out after editing it, but not in colour when it should've been (so had to draw in the coloured lines for my LRAC graph by hand)
stabbed my finger with a fork (while trying to poke holes in an oven bag)
forgot to throw a couple pieces of clothes into the washing when I did my washing (so I had to wait a whole week/2 weeks before I could wash those pieces of clothing)
Set off my fire alarm
burnt my sweet potato (which I was trying to grill in the microwave, in an oven bag with oil in it. Which was left for too long in the microwave, which started to burn and smoke, which then set off the fire alarm in my room)
MAJORLY FREAKED OUT ABOUT MY FIRE ALARM GOING OFF (more later)
got up on a chair and took apart my fire alarm to stop it from ringing
COULD NOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME INSTALL NORTON ANTIVIRUS (technology is the No. 1 stress-Fran-out thing, ever.)
made cantonese porridge instead of teochew porridge (i do not like cantonese porridge.)
dropped the pot lid on my big toe (ouch :( )
dropped the porcelin bowl with my dinner (fried dace) on the floor. PIIIAAANG! No more dinner, no more bowl. PLUS, an oily floor to clean up! Oh joy :(((
I honestly just stood there and stared at my dinner on the floor and I didn't know what to do. :((( So, I took pictures, HAHA p.s. I actually ate it in the end. I was feeling so miserable with my life and I was hungry. BUT I didn't die! So don't worry. Hahahah
Anyway, I know yo guys are simply dying to know what happened with my fire alarm, so here's the horrible, horrible story:
*I see smoke coming out of my microwave and almost immediately, the fire alarm in my room goes off, LOUDLY* *I look up, HORRIFIED* "OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT FUCK FUCK FUCK OH SHIITT SHIT SHIT HOWHOW WHAT TO DOOOO GAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" *in a panic, dials Matt Daikor's number* "AHHHHHHHH HELP! HELP HELPPPP I SET MY FIRE ALARM OFF HOW HOW HOW HEEEELLPPP I DUNNO WHATT TOOO DDOOOOO!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH! (in an extremely calm voice) "uh, is this Fran?" "YESSS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HOWHOWHOW I DUNNO WHAT TO DOOO!! HELPPPPPPPPP!!!" "uhhh... calm down, haha uhh..." "HOOOWWW!!!! OH WAIT WAIT WAIT I'LL GO TAKE IT OFF HOLD ON WAIT..." *the blasted thing stops ringing* "okay i took it off" "you took your fire alarm apart????" "uh, yeah. I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!" "hahahahah..."
Needless to say, mummy, I think this can go under the "why one should not go overseas alone" argument.
Also noted: Freaking Unbelievable pt 1 with mengs was wayyyy better than Freaking Unbelievable pt 2. At least with mengs it was fun!
BUT I MUST SAY, that my day took a complete 180degree turn after that. Samy love called almost immediately after Matt told her about my disasterous night and she kept me company while I sat there astounded and perplexed and AMAZED by the way my evening was unfolding in front of me. And Matt dai kor called ever so often, our conversations sounding like this:
"eh, are you okay?" "yeeaaah." "are you sure?? Samy said you were crying. Are you crying?" "No, i'm not crying." "ARE YOU SURE? Don't lie to me arh" "Dai kor, if i'm crying i'll tell you i'm crying! I'm not crying!" "Orh. Okay. So you okay arh." "Yes, i'm okay..." "Okay. Anything then call me k?" "Okay Daikor" "Hmm okay bye."
HAHAHA. This is why he's my dai kor. (:
And THEN, FIO FIO CAME BY! WITH MILK TEA AND A CHOCOLATE MUFFIN AND GAVE ME A BIG HUG AND HELPED ME FIX MY FIRE ALARM BACK! (((: Courtesy of Sam, the amazing friend who was busy msging everyone who lived in town to see who was free to come visit me with milk tea (: (Samy, you rock, even if I still think it wasn't necessary :D) So I felt extremely loved and happy (:
AND THEN, I met tw for Hulu Cat milk tea and a movie later on, which was good since I might have actually killed myself if I was left alone in my apartment that night. (:
Here are pictures of a worm I met the other day, he was on my bed and he intrigued me with his worm-y-ness. :D (I can almost here you girls squealing. HAHAHA not sure if the video will play, but he was an awesome little worm :D)
AND THEN, MY MASTERPIECE WHICH I AM EXTREMELY PROUD OF!
Pretty? :D
Anyway, I've been pretty busy these last few weeks. I actually have friends now, which is amazing and nice(: Been out to eat a lot (yay!) and to do many a random thing (double yay!). I've discovered the beauty of independance and living away from home, though I must say, I miss home and family and friends and food, TERRIBLY :( Nvm, 27days to go! :D I have to get through my exams before then, but hopefully all will go fine (: Back to being a mugger, in true Singaporean style ;)
I've come to realise, time and again, that what i've been searching for has been there in front of me, all along. I miss you very muchly, sister(: I'll be home soon (: